YOU ALL COULD USE A LITTLE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM...

Saturday, November 21, 2009

One day it will all be worth it...




That's been my mantra for the week. The only thing to get me through 17 hour work days. The only thing that kept back the tears as I received tweets from the VS show (while you all were taking your seats, I was starting shoot number 2 of 3). But such is life. This is the life that Ive chosen for myself, and frankly I love it, I just like to complain... All the procrastinating I did in college, all the all-nighters ... perfect training for my professional career (see mommy... it was worth the money!).
I had the opportunity to work with the amazing photographer Sebastian Kim, Hair stylist Kevin Ray (think Chloe girls), Make up artist Pep Gay, and stylist Karen Kaiser. We certainly had our work cut out for us. The day began with Italo Zucchelli of Calvin Klein. We styled the portrait that accompanied his profile in Interview. Next we styled Dianna Argon from the show Glee (never seen it? don't worry neither have I) She was uber late, as actresses tend to be... Her publicist seemed to be confused about her role in the process ( sit down and shut the eff up), but overall the shoot was amazing, she's a sweet girl. Finally the fun part... the models. I absolutely adore working with models. Models are little perfection machines that live to make my life easier. For our Ralph Lauren spread, we shot Ieva Laguna and Patricia van der Vleit. These girls are amazing! They produced absolute perfection, in the rain, at 230 in the morning, without a single complaint... Its a wrap!
On to the next shoot... With my dear friend, photographer Kwesi Abbensetts (spaceshipgeorge.blogspot.com). We worked with a beautiful brown model named August ( I love my brown girls!). She wore my favorite vintage pieces, including the dress my grandmother wore to my parents wedding, and a chocolate brown mink form the Brooklyn flea. Enjoy a few pics from behind the scenes ( please excuse my janky iphone photography)...
Pics from the shoots are coming soon...

Tonight Kwesis work will be on display at a show hosted by Coup De' Etat Brooklyn at restoration plaza

1 comment:

  1. Hey dear, do you mind me asking for what magazine you shot the lovely Ieva Laguna and Patricia for? And who was the photographer? Just so I can watch out and buy it as soon as it's out.

    ReplyDelete